L Series Wire Strippers (L1, L2S, L2AS, L4, L4A, PL3S)
- How do I know which replacement stripping insert I need?
- There is typically a stamp on the insert. It may be the part number (starts with IR) or a part description (L30CC). When in doubt, use the insert wizard based on the gage of the wire you are going to strip.
- How close to the work piece can I get?
- Approx. 1/32”, material and work piece dependent.
- What is the tool life on inserts?
- Tool life in general is hard to determine because there are so many factors involved such as proper set up, amount of use (production level), skill of operator (proper use), type of material being cut or removed, environment, etc.
- Heavy Duty inserts should last for thousands of strips with a good set up. Carbide inserts should last 10 times the life of heavy duty, but depends on material and set up. Stripping inserts can be used in both directions of rotation.
Tips and Facts:
- The L2s, L2AS and PL3S have a reversible motor which can double tool life.
- The L4 and L4 units require 90 P.S.I.
- The L Series provides a clean strip edge.
- Ideal for stripping toroids and coils.
- Can remove oxidation and clean vacuum tube pins.