Tips and Facts:
- What is the tool life on C100S/C200/C300 Blades?
- Tool life in general is hard to determine because there are so many factors involved such as proper set up, amount of use (production level), skill of operator (proper use), type of material being cut or removed, environment, etc.
- C200 and C300 blades are tungsten carbide and should last for thousands of strips with proper set up – nicking the conductor will shorten tool life.
- C100S blades should last for thousands of strips with proper set up – nicking the conductor will shorten tool life.
- On these machines, the gage of the wire is not as important as the outside diameter of the jacket.
- The C100S has one blade while the C200 and C300 have two blades.
- The C300 offers savings on set-up time by having three heads versus the C200 which only has one.
- The C300 is a good choice for coax when strip lengths are outside the parameters of the 825 and 1256 Coaxial Cable Strippers.
- The C100S has an optional blade for fine fragile wires.